If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (905) 864-9544

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mould: Here today, Gone tomorrow!

9/26/2019 (Permalink)

Fungi & moulds grow naturally in the environment; they are a normal part of the decay process. In fact, over 100 thousand different kinds of fungi have been identified.

Water intrusions can promote mould growth. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not returned to normal quickly, mould spores may grow and multiply.

Organic materials found indoors, such as wood, paper, drywall, and some types of insulation provide food for moulds to grow and flourish.

Health Canada advises that small to medium patches of mould can be cleaned by the occupant, but should consider the help of a professional in situations of excessive mould growth. 

We will always recommend seeking advice of an Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP) to provide independent testing to (1) Confirm the existence and spread of mould and (2) Confirm that it has been cleaned up correctly. Even if we suspect mould, we cannot formally confirm it without lab tests.

Other News

View Recent Posts